Friday 6 April 2012

DAY 3 & 4

I've been kicking myself after realising I decided to diet over the Easter weekend, what an idiot :(  I had my mum offering chippy tea, chicken roast dinner and cakes, saying it's Easter you're allowed to indulge... well I can't ok!!

Day 3 was quite hard, it started off ok with a porridge breakfast, but then the lunch meal arrived on my plate and it was VILE.  I ate the salad and pushed the tuna pasta around my plate before finally admitting defeat and binning it, then the same happened with the dinner meal, chickpea tagine.  Now normally I love tuna pasta and chickpeas but these meals were absolutely awful, worse than school food and hospital food combined!!! So after only eating salad, porridge and 2 bananas I was STARVING so fell off the bandwagon and gave into my hunger temptation.... well not really, I had a wholemeal pitta with reduced fat hummus MEGA YUM!!!


Get rid of the awful tuna pasta and this was all I ate ...until the hummus and pitta hopped into my mouth, sneaky little pitta eh!!


Day 4 which is still ongoing again hasn't been so good, breakfast was fine, I actually enjoyed the cereal and reminded me of Special K.  Then I went to the gym, did my hour workout, finally gave up on the treadmill after realising 34H cups bounce like hell even with 2 bras and a fitted tee to hold them down, left the gym and the post workout munchies hit!!   I was too hungry to wait till I got home for my noodle soup so stopped at Marks & Spencers.  Now I could have completely blown the diet by getting some amazing giant wrap with crisps and chocolate but instead I opted for the bean and sprouted pea salad with a smoked  ham sandwich.  The 500 calories consumed cancelled out the 250 I had just burned off at the gym but it was totally worth it and I am still on track to have my 1200 calories for the day.

Apart from the gym munchies I end up getting hungry late on at night, because I stay up till the early hours of the morning doing jewellery I would normally snack on crisps, toast or cheese on crackers to get me through, obviously can't do that so decided to make a soup from the 'free foods' so I have something to fill that hole when I get a rumble in my tum.



If you want to make my spicy jambalaya veg soup here is the recipe....

Ingredients:

2 peppers
2 carrots
1 onion
5 large sticks of celery
1 green chill
1 red chilli
2 tins of chopped tomatoes
1.5 pints of stock
2 garlic cloves
2 tablespoon paprika
1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon oil
Big squeeze of tomato puree

To make:

Heat the oil in a large pan, add the chilli and fry for a minute.
Add all the veg and let sweat down for 5 minutes on a low heat
Add the stock, tomatoes, puree,  garlic, seasoning and leave to simmer for 45 minutes.
Blend until smooth, or if you prefer leave some chunks in




Now I like my food spicy which I why I added so much chilli, if you don't like to feel the burn reduce the cayenne pepper and chilli to your taste.

Since I still had some calories left from my '250 splurge' that enabled me to use the stock cubes and oil, but there is such a small amount for a massive batch I don't think it would make a massive difference.

Yummy! Would be good with crusty bread and lashings of butter but I had mine without!

Anyway off to warm up my pasta bolognese for my tea, then I will be back at the gym tomorrow. If you havnt already there is a giveaway over at Jelly Button Jewellery blog so go and enter xx

No comments:

Post a Comment