Tuesday 3 April 2012

DAY 1

Ok so its day one but not a full day, the delivery of the food didn't come until lunch by which time I had already had my breakfast. After the delivery I then went to bed as I only got about 3 hours sleep last night thanks to my neighbour getting a new puppy, and as usual not understanding it has just left its mum and wants a cuddle.  So when I finally surfaced at 3ish I had only eaten a slice of wholemeal toast with peanut butter and wasn't really in the mood for fruit and salad.  So I went against the plan by just eating the lunch time meal which was carrot and pea mash.  Basically for the Jenny Craig diet I have had all my breakfast, lunch and dinners provided and I just add veg, salad and fruit as directed on my diet plan.  So since I skipped all the additional 'free foods' and just had the mash it made me feel a bit sickly, anyway it filled a hole and left me feeling motivated to make sure I stuck to the plan for dinner.

Dinner was a beef and potato casserole type thing, not really my type of food and the sort of thing I pull my face at if my mum makes it for Sunday dinner, but I am determined to do this diet.  I was allowed one starch which I chose a 100g jacket potato for (if you ever weigh this out you will see it is the smallest potato ever!!!) a steam packet of mixed veg and some roasted carrots. And my verdict was..... to be honest it tasted alright, similar to my mums version (hope she doesn't read this) The meat definately had a 'ready meal' taste to it, but since I avoid ready meals like the plague because of the crappy meat used this was actually not too bad.  

The one thing that puzzled me when I received my giant 2 boxes was that it didn't mention anywhere if I should store the food in the fridge which I would have expected from ready meals containing chicken and beef, so I rang the helpline and they said in a cool dry cupboard is fine.  I have no idea how this is possible except to assume it is freeze dried or something, definately random but a good idea for people who want a travel meal.

Anyway that is the end of Day 1, I didn't make it to the gym (I used the excuse I can't find my card) but after finding out I can get a replacement one for a tenner I will definitely go tomorrow.  

Spk soon xx


Dodge was just as intrigued as I was.


Sorry for the bad photo but this is my weeks food diary


And dinner, told you the potato was tiny!!

No comments:

Post a Comment